Play Dough is an all time favorite for kids. My almost 2 year old has never played with play dough before, so when I saw a million play dough recipes and ideas I had to create my own awesome post on this only 2 ingredient play dough. I had to give it a shot!
The 2 ingredients is what got me.
And they are ingredients that you have in your home, I can almost guarantee it!
The Moon Dough smells soooo good too. It doesn’t have the stinky smell like play dough.
-Corn Starch (or corn flour)
-Food Coloring (Optional, but way more fun for the kiddos!)
How to make it:
The recipe calls for 1 part conditioner and 2 parts corn starch. (So you put 2 times as much corn starch in as you did conditioner.)
1. Pour your conditioner in a bowl. We did one cup of conditioner.
2. Put corn starch in. Little bits at a time. We started with one cup and then gradually added more. We ended up using a bit more than 2 cups corn starch. It all depends on what conditioner you use and the water consistency you had with it.
3. Stir the corn starch and conditioner until blended well
4. Put a 8-10 drops of food coloring. Ours was pretty light if you want it dark you will have to add a lot more drops.
5. Finish mixing with your hands.
You’re done! Easy as pie! And the kids would love to help make it. My daughter loved making it all by herself. She felt like such a good helper!
***If the Moon dough play dough seems too sticky/slimy then add corn starch 1 Tablespoon at a time.
***If Moon dough play dough is too dry add 1.5 teaspoons of conditioner at a time.
Enjoy watch your sweet kids play with this for hours! My daughter was mad when we put it away. But we’ll bring it out again to play another day! 🙂
If you enjoyed this post be sure to check out this awesome post on how to make a super cheap chalk board platter from the Dollar Store.