One of the most important aspects of successful parent-child relationship is communication. Teaching and modeling good communication skills as our children grow up is fundamental to their developing strong relationships with others.
Sometimes it is difficult to get the conversation started so I came up with this handy printable for parents to use – How was your day at school? Now this printable is geared towards school age children but I suggest you begin the communication lessons much earlier than that. Try out using this printable when your kids go back to school this year. You can have them fill it out first before they begin their homework. You can then use the printable to have a short discussion about how their day went. Children that learn early on that their parents are there to listen and they can express themselves easily will be happier in the long run. Being able to share your feelings whether they are those of happiness, sadness, anger, jealousy, hunger, pain, excitement, love, joy, and more is key to being a happy person. Try this printable for a week or two and tell me if you see any changes in your kids or yourself.
STEPS for the printable:
1. This is perfect to fit in an 8×10 paper.
2. You can print it on paper or card stock and it should print very well. If you have any problems please let me know so I can fix it! Thanks! PDF file is right below this.
Latest posts by Irina (see all)
- 5-Winter Themed Bone Chilling Survival Movies on Netflix - 12/29/2017
- 7 Best Scary Movies for Kids that are Streaming on NETFLIX - 10/13/2017
- Sneaking is the new bingeing | #MomSneak - 07/21/2017