We recently took a trip to Montana from Utah. It is a 12+hour drive get from one place to another. It’s inevitable that at least for one hour of the trip we will be driving in the dark. This last trip we were driving late at night and we could barely see anything. It seemed like we didn’t even have our headlights on. It wasn’t until we got home from our trip that I realized how dirty my headlights were!
My mind was set and determined to find a headlight cleaner.
I remember seeing on Pinterest a couple years back, of putting toothpaste on your headlights to clean them.
I figured I would give it a shot, and see if it would really work!
Toothpaste is something everyone has in their house….if you don’t have toothpaste, I suggest you see a dentist. And then buy some toothpaste 😉
What you need:
That is it! Everything in your house. Seriously.
How to make your headlights like new again:
1. Simply take your toothpaste and squeeze a generous amount on your paper towel or cloth. (Start with a little bit and add more if needed)
2. Scrub your headlights with the toothpaste and let the toothpaste sit for 5-10 minutes.
3. After the 5-10 minutes is up take your water and pour it over the headlight. Take clean paper towels and wipe off all the toothpaste.
VOILA! CLEAN as CLEAN could be! Just from toothpaste and a little bit of water!
It totally worked for me. I was really impressed that it worked Here is a side by side photo to REALLY see the difference.
Some people might wonder if it stays clean after a couple of days. I wondered myself. So, I took a picture to see and….
3 days after it stayed just as clean as right after I cleaned it.
I was sold.
Try this out yourself, and let me know if it worked for you!
Say HELLO to CHEAP new headlight cleaner!
Latest posts by Irina (see all)
- 5-Winter Themed Bone Chilling Survival Movies on Netflix - 12/29/2017
- 7 Best Scary Movies for Kids that are Streaming on NETFLIX - 10/13/2017
- Sneaking is the new bingeing | #MomSneak - 07/21/2017