Dr. Seuss Easy Peasy Treat Cup
If you are hosting a Dr. Seuss themed party, or just want a fun way to celebrate Dr. Seuss with your kids, this easy peasy treat cup is for you. Made from a few very simple and basic materials, these treat cups are perfect for kids to carry their cookies and candies around in. Take a look below at how to craft your own. They are so much fun!
Red or blue striped cupcake cup liners
Red or blue pipe cleaners
Dr. Seuss book
You can find decorated cupcake cups such as the ones we used here at your local craft store, retail store, or baking supplies store. For our Cat in the Hat décor on the treat cup, you can either find a Seuss book at the thrift store that you are ok cutting from, or, make color copies from Dr. Seuss books you already have or simply print from the internet. Either way works.
1. Begin by cutting the pipe cleaners so they are about one inch shorter.
2. Bend the pipe cleaner into an arch. Attach it to the inside/sides of the cupcake cups with your craft glue. Press the pipe cleaner into the liner until dry.
3. You can now cut out Dr. Seuss themed characters to embellish with. To do this, make color copies of books you have or find a thrift store book you are ok cutting. Cut out the character and apply it to the pipe cleaner using a little glue.
Your easy peasy treat cup is now ready to be enjoyed. Fill it up with treats of your choice and have fun. This is a festive and frugal craft perfect for enjoying with children. Plus, it is a wonderful way to celebrate the amazing Dr. Seuss.
Gather your supplies and give this craft a try! Let me know what other Dr. Seuss crafts you enjoyed making.
Latest posts by Irina (see all)
- Sneaking is the new bingeing | #MomSneak - 07/21/2017
- Let the kids travel the world with Netflix Passport - 06/30/2017
- Watch P. King Duckling on Disney Junior + Giveaway - 06/26/2017