I have to ask a question to everyone one of my readers and it has to do with the term selfie. We have all pretty much seen how this term, which refers to a person taking a picture of themselves with or without other has been thrown around all over the web and the media. I for one am getting a little bit tired of hearing everyone say selfie this and selfie that. I mean they act like the idea of taking a self-picture was just invented. Seriously I have been do self-pics since before there were cell phones. Using my good old 35mm camera I would hold up the camera backwards and shoot away. The fun thing about it was that I never new what the pictures would look like until I developed the film.
Nowadays with front and back facing cameras taking a selfie is much easier but it loses that surprise appeal. In terms of selfies you see allot of pictures of one person or a group of people together. What I have noticed is that you don’t see many self-pictures with Moms and their children. You see plenty of pictures of kids being kids but usually they are not self-pics with their Moms or Dads. I say if your going to do a selfie than you might as well do one with your kids. Get in on the action and make it something to experiment with your children.
Sprout just announced the launch of a new program called Mom is Here. It encourages moms to step in front of the camera and to take pictures of themselves with their kids, in the middle of those everyday moments that seem to fly by. Sprout, the first 24-preschool network, understands that moments between mom and child are special. But kids grow up so quickly, and these opportunities won’t last forever. Join in, stop waiting for the perfect photo, and start capturing these everyday moments with your children, while still in the moment.
Mom Is Here Sweepstakes Information
Timing: Runs 4/2 – 4/27
Method of Entry:
Enter on momishere.com by uploading a photo from a variety of options (mobile/desktop album, facebook album or Instagram album). Submit your photo with full name and email address. Can also tag photos on Instagram with #momishere & #sproutchannel to be entered into the sweepstakes. Note that you can enter 1 new picture each day until April 27th.
- Grand Prize – $2,000 Spa Package
- Ten First Place Prizes – $100 Spa Finder Gift Card.
- All entries also have a chance to be featured in a commercial which will run on Sprout and also see their photo on Sprout’s electronic billboard in Times Square.
Photos might take up to 24 hours to be approved. All approved photos will live in a gallery on momishere.com.
- Disclosure: “This sponsored post was written while participating in my partnership with Sprout and One2One Network, but as always, all opinions are my own.”
Latest posts by Irina (see all)
- 5-Winter Themed Bone Chilling Survival Movies on Netflix - 12/29/2017
- 7 Best Scary Movies for Kids that are Streaming on NETFLIX - 10/13/2017
- Sneaking is the new bingeing | #MomSneak - 07/21/2017