I have to say these Rolo Pencils Back to School Treats are so cute and inexpensive idea as well as for kids school parties or even for teachers to make for their students.
Especially I like the fact that you can also add a cute little tag “Have a great school year!” to the finished product
What you will need:
- Hershey Hugs (or Kisses)
- Yellow and Pink Cardstock
- Glue Dots
- Ribbon or String
- Craft Scissors w/ Pinking Edge (optional)
Pull the Hershey’s label out of the Hug, and use the Glue Dots to attach the Hershey’s Hug to one of the ends of the Rolo.
Cut about a 1″ thick pink strip to add to the top of the Rolo to resemble an eraser. Cut a circle and attach it to the top to finish it off.
Next cut a piece of yellow cardstock to wrap around the Rolo’s. Fold it about a quarter of an inch over and over to create the crease marks for the pencil, and then attach it to the Rolo’s
Cut a thin piece of foil to cover the part where the yellow and pink overlap, this works as the metal portion of the pencil. Lastly, you can attach a note to the finished product with a ribbon or string.
Simple easy to follow tutorial with photos on Thrifty and Thriving
- 5-Winter Themed Bone Chilling Survival Movies on Netflix - 12/29/2017
- 7 Best Scary Movies for Kids that are Streaming on NETFLIX - 10/13/2017
- Watch P. King Duckling on Disney Junior + Giveaway - 06/26/2017