Teachers are awesome and I personally think that they are under paid, under valued and under appreciated, but that is just my opinion. Even though I feel this way I am studying to be an elementary teacher because I know that being a teacher is not about the money or thank you’s that I will get it is about teaching the upcoming generations and helping the world change and grow. It is about the children. Just because most teachers aren’t looking for gifts outward applause it is nice to show them that they are appreciated since they do A LOT for our children and what better time than Teacher Appreciation week to show that gratitude towards our children’s teachers?
To help you in your preparation for Teacher Appreciation week, this year it is the week of May 5-9, I have found 10 DIY teacher appreciation crafts that I will post below because everyone loves something made with love!
Woven Basket from Craft Project Ideas
Today we made these fun jumbo pencils out of empty pringles cans and filled them with treats. (The kiddos even wrote a special note on them)
Here is a supplies list:
- Empty Pringles cans
- Mod Podge
- Sponge Brush
- Paper Cutter
- Hot Glue or E6000 glue
- Paper crimper or score board
- Circle Cutter, I used a Martha Stewart Circle Cutter
- Tear Edger – totally optional, you can tear by hand!
- Yellow, pink, gray,tan and black colored paper from your favorite craft store.
Click here Teacher Sized Pencil to get the step by step instructions and measurements, from Making Memories
Paperback Apple Sculpture from Cheeky Magpie
Teacher Wreath from A Bushel and a Peck
Krispy Apple Treats from Gourmet Mom on the go
Colored Pencil Monogram from Studio 5
Soda-Lighted Gift from Tammy Mitchell Designs
Teacher Banner from Skip to my Lou
Cookie Bouquet from A Helicopter Mom
Apple Pretzels from Make Bake Celebrate
You may also enjoy this How to make a Rolo or Candy Pencil, another great DIY Back to school gift and treat
Latest posts by Ashley (see all)
- Hugaboo is the Comfy way to Teach Your Baby to Sit Up - 12/07/2017
- Getting Your Child Ready for KinderGarten is Made Easier with the All Ready for Kindergarten Readiness Kit from Learning Resources - 11/30/2017
- Four Games That are Sure to Bring a Smile to Your Family and Make for the Best Game Nights; Goliath Games - 11/29/2017