Boredom Busters! We’ve been on summer break for 3 days and I’ve already heard the dreaded “I’m bored” a few times. We set some goals for what we want to learn and improve on this year already. Despite that, we still sometimes we are out of ideas for the kiddos to do. I’ve scoured the web and found these 10 fun boredom busters that don’t require a ton of effort or money. I hope you enjoy them too!
- Fidget Spinner Boredom Busters. Check out this free printable from Inspiration Made Simple! Every time your child says, “I’m bored” let the fidget spinner decide what to do! Just tape a small triangle onto one of the 3 prongs of the fidget spinner and where it lands, is what they get to do! You can alternatively, do this for daily chores, let the fidget spinner decide what task to do first!
- Dice Game! As suggested on What We Do All Day website, this game can be played anywhere, anytime! Just put 5 dice in your purse or diaper bag and you’ve got an instant boredom buster! Free printable from Inspiration Made Simple
- Paint the Ocean (on a rock!)-Have you seen these? They are so fun! Check it out on Rock Painting 101!
- DIY tin can bird feeder craft! Could these feeders from Birds and Blooms be any cuter? What a great boredom buster for adults, kids and even the birds!
- Create your own kite out of a garbage bag! Check out Instructables website’s 7 step tutorial and beat that boredom today!
Five More Busters!
- Get crafty and put on a show. Stop by the dollar section of your local store so you can have a package of wooden spoons on hand and be ready for this boredom buster! Make wooden spoon people and have the kids put on a show! Be a Fun Mum has some suggestions to make easy wooden spoon people!
- Write a letter! Send something to a grandparent, family friend, or connect your child with the child of your BFF from high school
- Design your dream home. Kiddos bored again. Show them a floor plan and tell them to draw their ideal dream home! Use a separate piece of paper for each “level” if it is multiple levels! Design the outside as well! Watch a how to draw YouTube tutorial if desired!
- Make straw airplanes.…yes this is a thing! Check it out on All For The Boys!
- Talk! Usually, I’m over my head in dishes, laundry, household tasks and I always can’t drop what I am doing to read a book, play a game, play dolls…but I almost always can talk. 🙂 Here are 100 “Would You Rather” questions (via the Best Ideas for Kid’s website) you and your kids can play while you are working on other projects.
Let me know which ones you try! I hope you have an awesome summer break!
Latest posts by Cj (see all)
- A VIVO Mask Will Complete Your Costume! - 10/18/2019
- 10 easy tips to make beautiful pies! - 07/09/2019
- 10 Boredom Busters for Summer Break! - 05/28/2019
Leave a Reply