Everyone seems to wait in anticipation for September to arrive. For some it is because the leaves on the trees begin to change and beautify the areas around them. For others it is because college football is in full swing. However, for many it doesn’t have to do with nature or sports, it has to do with two little words, pumpkin spice.
I am one of those people excited for pumpkin spice. I don’t hit up my local coffee shop for the oh so popular latte, but I do like the wave of excitement found online and in local markets sharing some of the yummiest pumpkin spice treats and recipes.
Every year, at the beginning of September, I start making some of the greatest pumpkin spice bars I’ve ever had. I was given the recipe years ago from a great friend, and they have since become a staple in my cookbook for large events, potlucks, or neighborhood treats. This recipe is very simple to make and will feed multiple people with just one batch. It is almost impossible to eat just one serving of these.
A little word to the wise, when you go out to purchase the needed ingredients, purchase multiple cans of the pumpkin puree because during the fall season, chances are that most stores will be sold out of it when you want it the most. Trust me, from personal experience I have learned to never run low on pumpkin puree.
Pumpkin Spice Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
15oz Organic Pumpkin Puree
1 1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Cup oil
1 tsp Baking Soda
2 tsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Salt
2 Cups Flour
6 ounces Cream Cheese
2 ½ Cups Powdered Sugar
1 tsp Pure Vanilla
½ Cup Margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients for the Pumpkin Spice Bars together until smooth.
- Using a large cookie sheet, spread the pumpkin spice mixture evenly across it.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool completely before spreading the cream cheese topping.
- Once the pumpkin spice bars are out of the oven, mix all ingredients together to make the cream cheese frosting. (You may need to add more vanilla or powdered sugar to get your perfect taste)
- Spread cream cheese topping on pumpkin spice bars, cut and serve.
Prep time: 5 to 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Total Time: Approx. 45 minutes
For more delicious pumpkin recipes, click HERE.
Latest posts by Lila (see all)
- Provide the Best Skincare for Your Baby From Day One with the Evoli Welcome Newborn Set - 04/13/2017
- Help Your Children Create Edible Works of Art Just in Time for Easter with Real Cooking Products - 04/12/2017
- A Minimalist’s Approach to Spring Cleaning: 3 Tips to Get Clutter Gone for Good - 04/04/2017