Looking for a fun or unique way to dye those Easter Eggs this year? Or maybe you don’t want to go buy that dye kit for $4 that is going to go on clearance on Monday for 25 cents? Easter weekend is almost upon us and I’ve gathered 10 fun ways to color your Easter Eggs without using a dye kit! Check them out!
1) The melted crayon method: This sounds like so much fun! Instead of letting your eggs cool then coloring them, sprinkle crayons shavings onto hot eggs. The hot egg will melt the crayon. If you don’t feel like shaving a bunch of crayons for this, you could even hold a full size crayon on it (like this blog does) and let it melt and really dictate how the design turns out! I can’t wait to try this one this weekend! For more details check out the blog Housing a Forest.
2) Forget dying them, just paint em: Using chalkboard paint and be able to write endless messages on those eggs! For more details check out this post from Jeran!
3) Paint them with water colors: I love this idea from Alisa Burke blog. She just paints them. We already have watercolor paints at our house and the designs are limitless!
4) Have you tried dying them with shaving cream and food coloring?: Easy to do, just pop them in the shaving cream/food coloring mixture, let them sit for a while and wipe them off. You are done! More details are here at Katie’s Crochet Goodies
5) Glitter and Glue-no dye!: Another fabulous idea! Paint on some glue sprinkle on some glitter for some gorgeous eggs that will shimmer in the sunshine! I have tons of glitter and 4 little girls. They are going to LOVE these! Thanks to the Girl Inspired for inspiring me! 😉
6) Fresh eggs painted: You don’t even need to hard boil these eggs, wouldn’t it be fun to crack open these beauties every morning while you are making scrambled eggs? You can use a nail art pen kit (affiliate) or some whiteout or paint or whatever you want to paint a beautiful design on some fresh eggs!
7) Use a sharpie to create an intricately designed egg: This is gorgeous grown up way to do eggs from the Alisa Burke Blog!
8) Hot glue some pipe cleaners on them: Could these be any sweeter? I think not! Very creative Easter eggs for those that don’t want to mess with the dye!
9) Marble the inside of the egg: This would be gorgeous on the Easter table! I found this idea on the Kimberly Cun blog!
10) Or if your kids just aren’t digging these fun new ideas, make your own dye!
Let me know which ones you decide to try! I hope you have a fabulous weekend filled with good food, family, friends and fun! All our love from the writers at I love my kids blog!
Latest posts by Cj (see all)
- DIY Unicorn Dream Catcher Craft - 06/05/2018
- The Eternity Rose-A Beautiful Gift Idea! - 04/16/2018
- 10 fun date ideas-just in time for Valentines Day! - 01/30/2018