Halloween came and went this year like a swift October breeze. Although we are still in the mood to watch scary movies on Netflix at my house it is time to take down the Halloween decorations. Next up is Thanksgiving and before you know it we will be decorating the Christmas tree in our front yard. Speaking of Thanksgiving, Netflix has been promoting a new twist on the holiday and they are calling it Friendsgiving. It is all about celebrating with your friends and enjoying great food and excellent company.
Whether you decided to celebrate the traditional Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving it is important that the message of this holiday not get lost in translation. Thanksgiving is all about giving thanks for what we have in our lives. We look to our families, friends, and other people that touch us in our everyday life. We ask ourselves what we can do to make our lives better and in turn show compassion and love towards others. Netflix has some great movies that will help spread this message to our children.
With this in mind there is a new Netflix original coming out on November 26th called “Veggie Tales: In the House.” In this series the characters explore friendships, sibling bonds, pets, classmates, and other family relationships. Shows like this that model good behavior and illustrate interpersonal relationships are very important to the development of our young ones. If you haven’t done so already it is time to jump on board the Netflix bandwagon.
Check out my list of 20 Dynamic Duos available on Netflix.
For your little kids:
1. Bob and Larry: VeggieTales in the House
2. Bert and Ernie: Sesame Street: Elmo and Friends
3. Bo and Dezzy: Bo on the Go!
4. Justin and Olive: Justin Time
5. Tod and Copper: The Fox and the Hound 2
6. Clifford and Elizabeth: Clifford
And your big kids:
7. Phineas and Ferb
8. Shaggy and Scooby: Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
9. Vada and Thomas: My Girl
10. Martin and Chris: Wild Kratts
11. Finn and Jake: Adventure Time
12. Mario and Luigi: The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!
13. Charlotte and Wilbur: Charlotte’s Web
Plus a few for mom and dad:
14. Rory and Lorelai: Gilmore Girls
15. Schmidt and Nick: New Girl
16. Ted and Barney: How I Met Your Mother
17. Liz and Jack: 30 Rock
18. Walter and Jesse: Breaking Bad
19. Mulder and Scully: The X-Files
20. Wayne and Garth: Wayne’s World
How do you and your family (and friends!) enjoy Netflix this month?
Disclosure: I wrote this post on behalf of Netflix as a member of Netflix #StreamTeam. All opinions are my own.
Latest posts by Irina (see all)
- Sneaking is the new bingeing | #MomSneak - 07/21/2017
- Let the kids travel the world with Netflix Passport - 06/30/2017
- Watch P. King Duckling on Disney Junior + Giveaway - 06/26/2017