I was thinking the fall/winter months like October, November, and December are just full of fun things. You have the fall festivals and Halloween in October and early November. Then you have Thanksgiving and the kick-off of Holiday shopping in November. Finally to top things off you have Christmas and Hanukkah in December with New Years Eve at the end. With all this activity I guess I can see why people end up feeling the post holiday blues in January.
Well I’m not here to talk about the holiday blues. I would like to talk about tasty and delicious Thanksgiving Dessert ideas and recipes. I have very fond memories of Thanksgiving as a child growing up. My birthday always falls on or around Thanksgiving so it was an especially great day for me. Not only would all my family be over the house to celebrate the holiday they would also be there to celebrate my birthday. On several occasions my Grandmother brought over a Carvel cake that was in the shape of a Turkey. Yes, it was also my birthday cake but it was great. I am pretty sure no one was trying to say I was a turkey. Those times were so much fun for everyone. There was great food, fun, family, and it was a time when I didn’t have to worry about watching my weight.
When it comes to favorite Thanksgiving desserts I have to say I am a big fan of pies. There is something about fall weather that says bake me a pie. My favorite pies have to be pecan, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, and apple pie in that order. Apple pie used to be my all time favorite that was until I discovered the other three. I am also a big fan of chocolate mousse pie but that is not really I pie that you bake. I first discovered pecan pie in a pub/restaurant in Long Island, NY. I was out with a bunch of friends one night having some drinks and snacks when one of the girls ordered warm pecan pie with whipped cream and vanilla ice cream on top. When it came to the table I inquired. She asked if I ever had pecan pie before and I said, “No I never even heard of it before”. She offered me a try and moments later I was in pie heaven. The taste was like nothing I ever had before. The smooth and crunchy texture of the pecans and filling was fantastic. Not to mention the contrast between the warm pie and the cold ice cream. I was seriously having one of those food ecstasy moments. I quickly ordered my own slice and spent the rest of time enjoying my pie and company of my friends.
Since that time I have tried many pecan pies, some okay and some just as delicious as that first time. A couple of years ago I decided to have a go at making pecan pie myself. I found a great recipe online that added kahlua and chocolate chips to the mix. I made two of the pies one with just pecans and Kahlua and one with the pecans, kahlua and chocolate chips. The pie was easy to make and was a big hit that year at our annual Thanksgiving Day celebration. I haven’t made that pie in a long time since and am thinking this year I should bring it back. I have also had a chance to find out about some other great Thanksgiving Recipes, which you can find below. Feel free to try out any of them and tell us how they did. I would also love to hear from my readers about their own favorite recipes that may not be on this list.
- Pumpkin Pie Cake / Tossed Salad Life
- Peanut Butter Cupcakes / All About The Mommies
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cookies / Mom Endeavors
- Nutter Butter Pilgrim / CincyShopper
- Apple Pie / Second Chance To Dream
- Spiced Pumpkin Butter / Thirty One 10
- Sugar Glazed Pumpkin Seeds / Coupon Spice
- Gooey Pumpkin Bars /Call Me PMC
- Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake Pie / The Grant life
- Quick And Easy Pumpkin Bites / A Night Owl
- Pumpkin Pie Cinnamon Rolls /Diethood
- Sugared Pumpkin Jello Jiggler Cupcakes / Pink Cake Plate
- White Chocolate Pecan Pie /Very Culinary
- Cranberry Cheescake /Roxana’s Home Baking
- Peach Cobbler /Amanda’s Cookin’
Latest posts by Irina (see all)
- 5-Winter Themed Bone Chilling Survival Movies on Netflix - 12/29/2017
- 7 Best Scary Movies for Kids that are Streaming on NETFLIX - 10/13/2017
- Sneaking is the new bingeing | #MomSneak - 07/21/2017